Join me in a holiday Community Collection! Donate non-perishable food and other items, and I will pick up and deliver! See details below.
WHEN: Pick up dates are Saturday, 12/22 and Sunday, 12/23
WHERE THE DONATIONS WILL BE DELIVERED:
- All food items will be donated to the The Crisis Room at Aldersgate in East Brunswick, NJ. This food bank feeds hundreds of families in need each month. Clients of the food bank are vetted by social services agencies in Middlesex County.
- Baby items and toiletries will be delivered to the Pregnancy Aid Center in Raritan, NJ. This organization is dedicated to helping pregnant women in crisis who live in Somerset, Hunterdon, Middlesex, and Union counties.
HOW THE COLLECTION WORKS:
If you’d like to donate to either of these organizations…
- click here to privately send your information to Taryn at Summer of Love Project.
- Include your name, phone number, and home address in the subject field.
- Specify which pick up date works best for you (12/22 or 12/23).
- Your pick up date and time will be arranged/confirmed via call or text.
- If you’d like to mail donations, contact me for the mailing address.
PICK UP DETAILS:
- Label all boxes/bags of food donations: “FOOD BANK”
- Label all boxes/bags of other donations: “AID”
- Have your donations packed up and ready to go in time for your pick up!
WHAT IS NEEDED:
- Dried pasta
- Canned Vegetables
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Canned Tuna/spam/chicken
- Minute Rice
- Instant Potatoes/canned potatoes
- Baked Beans
- Canned Fruits
- Cold Cereals
- Peanut Butter
- Pancake Mix and Pancake Syrup
- Instant Milk (Powdered)
- Macaroni and cheese
- Dried beans (navy, pinto, black-eye peas)
- Canned spaghetti
PREGNANCY AID CENTER:
- Diapers – Size 5
- Enfamil Formula
- Gently Used Coats: Sizes Newborn – 6
- Gently Used Clothes: Sizes Newborn – 4
- Toiletries for babies
- New baby toys
- Car seats
- Layette items: blankets, sheets, bibs
- Hand soap
- Toilet Paper, wipes
- Paper towels, Lysol wipes
- Dish detergent
- First Aid Supplies: band aides, antiseptic ointment, ace bandages, etc.
I hope you will join in this worthwhile event to spread a little love during the holiday season. Please let me know as soon as possible if you plan to participate. Thank you!